Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Finally!

After a very long time period, I have started painting again.  It's not great but it's painting.  What with the lay-off I finally have a space of time to get going so while it's been slow, I have started doing things.  It's a small acrylic waterlily - I usually do watercolor but I have all these paints so I started in.
It's coming slowly.  The first phot is me laying in the background.  Generally I always don't put in the background and have huge amounts of white space.  White space can be a tad intiminidating so it's best to cover it quick.  Since it's a limited palette it was fairly easy.
I generally turn the painting upside down at some point to get a different perspective.  I started doing that when I started focussing on one area of a painting.
Once I got the background blocked in I started in on the actual flower.  I was hoping to keep it infused with light but started having some problems..  Acrylic isn't like watercolor in saeveral ways,  For one thing, you generally let the watercolor paper shine through for your whites and with acrylic some of the colors are more opague than other.  So I am having to try to stay light on this.  So I'm getting there somewhat soon.

Wednesday I added a new photo with more work done on Monday.  I gave it a rest on Tuesday and worked on job applications.  (I'm so stupid sounding, it's pretty sad.  I do worse on the actual verbal interview.  I just wanna say - "Hire me!  I can do your work!"

No comments:

Post a Comment