Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Yard art or how to do something when you are laid off

So whilst unemployed (due to job lay-off) I have started doing art again basically to balance the horrible pressure one gets from the Unemployment Office to find a job.  Plus I do worry I will run out of money and the self-employed sweetie just doesn't pull in enough. 

That being said, I've been organizing and looking for things to do and clean and all, I stumbled across a largish box of bottle caps I had been saving for a friend who never managed to come get them.  Being bored, I poked holes in them and strung them up for the yard,  In a weird way, I kinda like the finished art project.  Sorta recycled yard art effect.

It does add a little color in the side yard where we don't water due to the fact we're in a heatwave/drought for most of the year.  Almost a solid two months worth of 100 degree weather makes for dead weeds and such.  So the bottlecap branch adds some color and a little variety.  I think I will eventually add more - we aren't big soda drinkers but we do slowly amass a few.  Sorry don't take donations!


No comments:

Post a Comment